One week until departure for Anchorage
WooHoo!!! Anyone else excited? 3,800 miles to the big city of Anchorage. Can anyone say "road trip"? NOT, glad we're flying to the 49th state.
After reading several sources about Anchorage, it sounds like a pretty diverse place. I'm looking forward to experiencing thier tagline "Big Wild Life".
- Anchorage is the largest metropolis in Alaska. Over forty percent of the Alaskan population lives here.
- Anchorage has been named All-America City four times, in 1956, 1965, 1984/85, and 2002, by the National Civic League.
- Anchorage is home to 250 black bears, 60 grizzly bears, 250 moose, 30 wolves and some dall sheep. Wonder how they keep track of this?!
- Anchorage is as far north as Helsinki, Finland(been there) and as far west as Honolulu, HI.
- Six mountain ranges can be seen from Anchorage.
- More than 60 glaciers and 30 ponds and lakes are within 50 miles of Anchorage.
Let the fun begin!!!