Okie Suz

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free

So with my new job, that I am loving at the moment, comes some cooking(which I enjoy).  However, there's a part of it I've never mixed up before...cooking for people on a diet of gluten-free and dairy-free meals.  Somebody HELP!
I'm a country girl, raised in Wisconsin,  first born in a farming family.  How can I cook without wheat, milk, cheese, butter and eggs?
Wait a minute, there are eggs in the refrigerator and four pounds of butter sitting next to them.  "Excuse me, but I thought you said you wanted me to cook up some delicious meals that are gluten-free and dairy-free?"
"Oh well, sometimes, we fudge a bit."  Whew!  I'm thankful for that!!!  I don't have to totally give up on my upbringing.
In the meantime, I'm getting acquainted with Whole Foods.  First gluten-free cooking class tomorrow evening.
If you're so inclined, or have the knowledge I seek, feel free to share a tip or two and a recipe or three with me on anything gluten-free.  Meanwhile, stay tuned for some gluten-free bloopers that I'm sure will be in my future.  Did I mention that there are small children involved?  They are the worst critics.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home